Saturday, March 31, 2012

FAUST: The Story of "Every Man"

I remember it vividly.  I was young.  It was late at night, or early morning.  I had finally stopped to sit down.  It had been a long day. Two small children require a lot time and energy.  Maybe I was vulnerable.  Maybe I was emotional.  I don't know.  Escaping the reality of my exhaustion, I turned on the small black and white television.  Flipping through the only four channels available, I stumbled upon an intriguing moving picture.  It was an old silent film with captions.   The movie was in progress, but I was hooked before I could casually dismiss it.  The scene was the devil and a man.  The man, Dr. Faust.  It could have been "Any Man".  The battle was between good and evil.  The choice, excruciating.  I was peering into the window of struggle.  In fact, I was witnessing a reality of the human soul.  I was transfixed.  What follows is indelibly etched in my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment