Sunday, March 27, 2016

Tim Allen Shares The Heartbreaking Story That Lead To His Faith In Jesus

Tim Allen Shares The Heartbreaking Story That Lead To His Faith In Jesus

Tim Allen may be known for his hilarious jokes and handyman hobbies, but there’s a side of Tim Allen many haven’t seen. 

Tim Allen believes in God. And if you meet him in person, you’ll quickly learn that he’s unashamed to tell you so.

But Allen doesn’t claim to be a perfect Christian. In fact, he admits that many of his life’s deepest struggles are what caused him to turn to Christ.

Tim Allen hasn’t always had it easy.. Like many celebrities of our day, Allen wrestled with addiction and alcoholism in his younger days.

Allen’s father was tragically killed by a drunk driver when Tim was only 11-years-old.  Through the unimaginable grief, Tim struggled to pick up the pieces.

download

After his father’s tragic death, Allen questioned whether if he had prayed harder or had been with his father that fatal day, he could have prevented his death. Not knowing where else to turn, Allen found comfort in drug and alcohol abuse.

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 4.44.27 PM

On October 2, 1978, Allen’s life took a dramatic turn when he was arrested for possession of over 650 grams (1.43 lb) of cocaine. Allen pleaded guilty to drug trafficking charges, and was released after serving two years and four months in federal prison.

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 5.00.44 PM

Tim Allen hasn’t always been a Christian.

He shared, “For years, I just did not like this idea of God, church,” he said. “(I was) still a churchgoer, but constantly a cynic.”

Tim ALlen

But today, his relationship with God looks completely different. In fact, Allen’s whole world looks completely different since turning his life over to ‘the Builder’ — as he affectionally refers to Christ.

“I always do ask — whoever put me here; the Builder — what did You want me to do?  I just want a relationship with Whoever built me. This is too much; too weird that it happened by accident. I don’t believe  that I happened by accident.”

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 8.23.50 PM

Today, Allen’s life boasts of God’s redeeming grace and goodness, and proves that no man is ‘too far gone.’ With over a decade of sobriety under his belt, Allen is free to enjoy his family and daughters. Tim shared,

“I used to live an isolated existence, even in relationships, but now my family knows me for who I really am. Mostly, that’s a good thing…Yesterday I was swimming with my 3 year-old, and I looked up and thought, ‘How wonderful this world is.’ We’re always searching for something, but it’s going to be all right. Stop fretting so much.

Seeing the worst parts of my behavior helped me to understand the better parts. So while I’m still more anxious than I want to be most of the time, I’m far less anxious than I used to be. I was doing comedy clubs, concerts, movies and TV, and didn’t ever realize how fatigued I was or how much I was missing in my life.”

In a recent episode from Allen’s hit sitcom, “Last Man Standing”, Allen found a way to incorporate Jesus Christ into the script, and it’s absolutely incredible! Watch the clip in the video below:

Since dedicating his life to Christ, it’s simply incredible to see all that God has done through Tim Allen.

“I always do ask… The Builder, what did you want me to do?” Allen said. “And I do ask it. But you got to be prepared for the answer.”

Watch Tim Allen’s powerful interview as he shares about his Faith in Jesus Christ:

Praise God for His redeeming love and grace! While listening to Tim’s inspiring story, I just couldn’t help but think of Colossians 1:13-14 which reads, 

“God rescued us from dead-end alleys and dark dungeons. He’s set us up in the kingdom of the Son he loves so much, the Son who got us out of the pit we were in, got rid of the sins we were doomed to keep repeating.” 

Thank you, Tim Allen, for sharing your inspiring message of Grace! America needs more men of Faith like you! Please share if you agree!



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment