Sunday, May 22, 2016

3 Traits That Reflect an Abundance Mindset

3 Traits That Reflect an Abundance Mindset

When I was a young boy starting in junior high school and through college, I worked with my dad’s moving crews.  I took on being the “swampier” for the crews.  I did the work the others did not want to do or did not like to do.  I took one break from work to their two (The crew often would kid me that they were taking a chewing gum break because I did not smoke).  I also would run or walk fast between the house and the truck, passing them as they walked.  But why?

Bobby Albert explains how very person can know where they are going by adopting the following three traits that reflect an abundance mindset!

When I was in high school and in college, I always did the extra credit work not because I needed the extra grade because I usually already had an “A” in the class.  But why?

When my dad suddenly died and I became the boss at 20 years old, I would fall asleep most nights diligently studying about our industry and as well as trends in other industries.  But why?

Why?  Somehow I just knew that through all of the times that I gave this extra effort I was developing and building my character – who I was becoming.  I approached life with an abundance mindset and I knew that personally, I had so much more room to grow.

Insight: When you first grow you, and then grow your people, you will grow your business.

People with an abundance mindset believe that today’s short-term pain, sacrifice, and investment in time, energy, and money will eventually bring long-term growth, blessings, and success.

And they are more likely to see where they are going – their vision.

Every person can know where they are going by adopting the following three traits that reflect an abundance mindset.

The following are examples of abundant thinkers and scarcity thinkers:

Don’t Compare 

Abundantthinkers don’t compare themselves with others—only with themselves. They set realistic goals and then work to achieve them. They encourage others to do the same. Their goals are based (in a principledway) upon a logical study of achievable results in each step.

Scarcitythinkers continually ask themselves why they aren’t like others or why they do not have the things others have. If the “others” are younger, or prettier/more handsome, then the “others” are perceived to have an advantage.

In the workplace, these types of supervisors lead (in an expedient way) by keeping their workers subservient, since equality would be viewed as competition.

Think Win/Win

Abundantthinkers find common ground with their colleagues. They know that unresolved conflict is wasted time and energy and subtracts from an abundant environment. They see win-win, and assume that there is a way for all concerned to profit and thrive. They understand that constructive criticism (in a principledway) helps others to grow.

Scarcitythinkers want to be at the center of attention because they want all they can get for themselves. They know (sometimes unconsciously) that for this to happen others have to lose. They think that if they can use expedient means to get something done more quickly, their “win” justifies their “survival of the fittest” approach.

Embrace Gratitude

Abundantthinkers live lives of gratitude for the abundance of the world in which they live. They are positive and upbeat. To them, life is a continuously replenished bowl of fruit—all ripe for the taking. They teach others how to be positive and live in gratitude.

Scarcity thinkers are not grateful for what they have. They see their life’s accomplishments as the result of only their hard work and are unable to give heart-felt thanks to others for helping.

In the workplace, scarcity thinkers  teach their followers that life’s abundance is limited, and they had better do what they need to do to grab (in an expedient way) the brass ring.

You too, regardless of age, have so much more room to grow personally – who you are becoming.  And when you do, you will have an abundance mindset that will help you see where you are going – your vision.

Are you open to grow personally?  What challenge or opportunity are you facing today that would benefit from a shift toward greater abundance thinking?  Please share your comments <here> and share this blog post with friends, family and co-workers.



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment