Sunday, April 10, 2016

THE CRITICAL TRUTHS NO ONE TOLD ME WHEN I ASKED JESUS TO SAVE ME

THE CRITICAL TRUTHS NO ONE TOLD ME WHEN I ASKED JESUS TO SAVE ME

When I was converted I made this mistake: I thought the battle was already mine, the victory already won, the crown already in my grasp. I thought that old things had passed away, that all things had become new; that my old corrupt nature, the Adam life, was gone. But I found out, after serving Christ for a few months, that conversion was only like enlisting in the army, that there was a battle on hand, and that if I was to get a crown, I had to work for it and fight for it.

It is like this: when a man enters the army, he is a member of the army the moment he enlists; he is just as much a member as a man who has been in the army ten or twenty years. But enlisting is one thing, and participating in a battle another. Young converts are like those just enlisted. –DL Moody



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment